Sunday, December 5, 2010

What I'm Thankful for:



This year, we went to Glen Helen Resort - about an hour and 15 from home.
Aussies don't do Thanksgiving, but they like that we do.
Glen Helen had offered an American Thanksgiving special of 140.00 a room and 40.00 per person for a gorgeous dinner on Thursday.

Tuesday, their chef quit.

Thanksgiving isn't ALL about the food, so we packed what we had on hand and went anyway.
Now, last Christmas we went to Ross River Resort and learned the outback definition of Resort: dirt floors, burlap stapled to the walls, bugs, a bed and ensuite toilet. We were not disappointed; except this one added mice.

I'm thankful for the stunning view from our room.



I'm thankful I saw the mouse run right into Thomas's pillowcase when we turned on the light. Made it so much easier to toss it out the door.

I'm thankful that, as I went to exchange the pillow, I looked into the shadow to my left and there stood a dingo. Silently watching.

I'm thankful the black beetles that flew into my hair as I lay on the bed did not sting nor bite nor stink like the green ones.

I'm thankful for the lovely outdoor kitchen in which to cook our feast.







I'm thankful my family is just as happy with hot dogs and canned beans as with turkey and stuffing.






I'm thankful they had a lovely pool as it was what I call "stupid hot" - when it's so hot, it just doesn't make sense anymore.

I'm thankful that when we got home and I had such a craving for a real Thanksgiving dinner, I could call a friend and she would say, "Sure, come on over! We're not eating till 5."

I'm thankful that when Thomas woke up from his uncharacteristic nap at 4:30 his temperature was only 100.

I'm thankful Tom brought me a nice plate home from the dinner.

I'm thankful it's OVER!!





No comments:

Post a Comment